Apricots are a summer fruit that both children and adults are looking forward to. Even their photos cause sweetness in the mouth. All housewives know firsthand that these fruits spoil very quickly, so every year you need to invent something special for your household. Preservation is the perfect helper! There are a lot of options for preserving apricot and making stewed fruit, jams, mashed potatoes, marmalade and confiture. The article will consider the best recipes that you and your family will surely love.
To start cooking, whole peeled apricots are needed. Apricots with pits are not suitable for mashed potatoes, since one pulp is required.
How to cook:
- Grind apricots with a blender or even with a spoon or fork (if the apricots are soft and juicy). By the way, it is better not to take green apricots, because they will not give such a bright color to the future confiture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the jellyfix with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Send the dry mixture to the puree, mix thoroughly, then send to the fire and bring to a boil. You can determine the readiness of the contents by the appearance of bubbles on the surface - it is time to remove from the stove.
- After wrapping the jars, turn them over with the lid down and store at room temperature.
Over time, apricots will thicken and they can even be used as a filling for baking, and children will be happy to pick confiture with spoons!
- apples white filling;
This apricot jam is the fastest way to get aromatic, sour, canned apricots.
How to cook:
- Take 1 kg of apricots and the same amount of sugar. Optionally, you can also take about 0.5-1 kg of apples of the white filling variety. Then the color of the jam will be lighter, and the taste is a little softer. In the bank, it will look very colorful and appetizing.
- Preparation is better to begin in advance. Having taken everything you need, peel the fruit from the seeds, leave them in slices, and cover with sugar.
- Put them in a cool and dark place at night or during the day for a maximum of 7 hours. During this time, they will let the juice well, and then put the contents of the pan on the fire and bring to a boil.
- When boiled, apricots will turn into a sweet mashed potato jam, which can be laid out on sterilized jars.
- grape vinegar;
- onion and garlic;
- lemon juice (to taste);
- seasonings, salt, pepper.
Apricot ketchup is a delicious treat that can easily replace a store product. By adding apples, you will get ketchup with a slight acidity.
How to cook:
- Need 0.5 kg of apricot and apples of any kind. You simply cut them into small squares.
- Add to them finely chopped onions and garlic, seasonings, salt and pepper to taste, grape vinegar 6% (about 300 ml).
- Stuff it all over medium heat until cooked, and then immediately pour it into sterilized jars!
Add the grated ginger to the ketchup so that the taste of the sauce opens better.
Apricot jam with orange zest
- lemon or orange zest.
For the preparation of a thick and very fragrant jam, about 1 kg of apricots will leave. Of course, you can take more. The secret of the recipe is to add the zest of lemon, which makes the jam not so sugary-sweet, but slightly with sourness, very tender and unobtrusive.
How to cook:
- Wash fresh apricots well. It is better to leave them to dry on a towel for a couple of minutes, so that excess moisture is gone.
- After that, raise the seeds and divide the fruits into halves. Large or small apricots - it does not matter, the main thing is to take very juicy and ripe fruits.
- Turning the stove on to medium heat, we put the pan with apricots on the cooker. For 1 kg of apricots, add 3 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the pan so that nothing burns.
- Add a little water to the bottom, simmer the apricots for about 15 minutes. Stir them every 5 minutes and cover with a lid.
- Then proceed to the most difficult process - grinding. It is very tiring, but effective. Use a sieve to get rid of excess lumps.
- Add 2-5 tablespoons of sugar (depending on the ripeness of the fruit), put on fire. After a few minutes, add the zest of one lemon to them.
You can also add orange zest, which will make the jam even more appetizing.
- oranges or peaches;
Such a quick jam can be cooked in just 15 minutes. However, as it is eaten! This recipe is known from the program "Everything will be delicious!".
How to cook:
- Prepare 1 kg of apricot and 0.5 kg of oranges. Apricots as a whole are better not to take, they will boil worse.
- Peel the apricots and set aside for excess water after washing the glass. Meanwhile, take care of oranges.
- You can grate the zest and then peel the citrus so that one pulp remains. Grind it, the excess juice can be drained a little so that the jam is thicker.
- We mix the pulp of apricots and oranges, put on fire, and we add 0.8 kg of sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then fall asleep in sterilized jars and leave the lids down at room temperature for 2-3 days.
The recipe can be tested with walnuts, so the taste will be more spicy and winter. There, you can add during cooking and a few sticks of cinnamon for lovers. Orange is not bitter in jam, but you can even cook with peach instead. No experiments are prohibited!
This jam is especially pleasant to drink with cocoa on cool evenings.
Chocolate Apricot Jam
- cocoa powder;
In order to enjoy chocolate apricot jam, use 3 kg of ripe large apricots.
How to cook:
- Apricots need to be peeled and scrolled through a meat grinder or chopped to a pulp condition in a blender.
- This mass must be put on a strong fire and boil it for about 5 minutes. After that, reduce the heat to a small one and cook for another half hour.
- At this time, it is better to deal with dry ingredients: mix sugar and cocoa powder in sizes of 1.5 kg and 100 g.
- Pour dry mass into the finished apricots and boil them for another 10-15 minutes.
- Then add a packet of butter to this pan (250 g). You can turn off the jam after the butter has completely melted, mixing well.
Apricot Jelly with Gelatin
This recipe is very simple and quick to prepare. Apricots are juicy and soft, while retaining all the beneficial properties.
How to cook:
- For harvesting for the winter, take apricots, wash them and divide them into seedless slices.
- The next step is this: put apricots in the pan first, sprinkle them with sugar, then a layer of gelatin powder.
- Then repeat the scheme so that the last layer is sugar and gelatin, not fruit. It is better to take instant gelatin so that the recipe does not really take much time.
- We forget the pan for a day, and when we look again, apricots put in the juice.
- We put the mass on medium heat and bring to a boil. That’s all - the jelly jam is ready, with minimal effort.
As a result, you get a beautiful jam with whole apricots that did not lose their shape, but remained soft, juicy and healthy!
How to understand that apricots in a jar have fermented
You can figure out that the workpiece has wandered like this:
- Bubbles appeared on the surface.
- The lid on the jar was swollen.
- The fruits inside are cloudy.
- Fruits came from mold in a jar.
- The liquid from the jar leaked.
In this case, it is better to throw out the preservation, spinning the treat again, without risking your health. Do everything strictly according to the prescription so that you no longer find yourself in a similar situation.
Canned Apricots without sterilization
This recipe allows you to prepare apricots, which can later be used for desserts and baking.
- five kilograms;
- filtered water;
- sugar - six glasses;
- table vinegar;
- liter cans - six pcs.;
- tin lids - six pcs.
- Fruits should be ripe, but without dents, wormholes and signs of rot. Sort the fruits, wash them well under the tap and lay them on a paper towel. Gently cut each fruit with a knife and remove the stone.
- Wash glass containers with detergents. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Rinse each jar with vinegar from the inside and dry it. Cover the covers with boiling water.
- Pour a glass of sugar into each jar. Fill the top of the glass container with apricot halves.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Pour boiling water into the container with apricots. Immediately roll up jars with apricot lids, turn over and cover with a warm cloth. Leave for a day to preserve completely cool.
Store cans only in a basement or other cool place.
- one and a half glasses of granulated sugar;
- filtered water - one and a half liters;
- one and a half kilograms of apricots with pits.
Fruits should be juicy and ripe. Damaged or rotten fruit should not be used.
- Wash apricots in clean water.
- Take a glass container with a volume of three liters. Wash it well with soda, rinse and dry.
- Put prepared fruit in a clean, dry container.
- Boil filtered water and fill it with the contents of the can. Cover and wrap in an old plaid. Leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Close the container with a special lid with holes, drain the water into a clean pan and boil again. Pour fruit with boiling water and leave, wrapped up, for another quarter of an hour. Repeat the procedure again.
- After draining the water for the fourth time, pour sugar into it, boil it, and boil the syrup for a couple of minutes. Pour fruit with sweet syrup and roll hermetically. Turn over and leave for a day, wrapped in a warm cloth.
- 100 g pitted apricots;
- 600 g of granulated sugar;
- 250 ml of filtered water.
- For marmalade, you can use fruits of any size. Sort the fruits, wash and remove the seeds, cutting each fruit in half. Cut damaged and rotten places.
- To make the marmalade tasty, keep the proportion: take a glass of water per kilogram of fruit. Halve the apricots in an enamel bowl and pour filtered water.
- Place the apricots in a medium heat and cook until the fruit is soft. Cool the resulting fruit mass to a warm state and wipe through a sieve.
- Add granulated sugar to the apricot puree, mix and put on medium heat again. Once the mass begins to boil, twist the fire to a minimum and cook, stirring occasionally, for five hours. The mass should become thick and viscous. The dark color should not bother you, it should be so.
- Moisten a baking sheet with water and cover it with parchment. Put the apricot puree in it, smooth and dry for two days.
- Cut marmalade with rhombuses or squares, roll in starch so that it does not stick together, and put in sterile dry jars.
Close the lids tightly and keep in the refrigerator.
Delicious, delicate and fragrant apricot jam (video)
Keep in mind that on many sites on the Internet it is often advised to add phantom or other non-natural additives for taste. This will be a wild mix that will cause fermentation, and then breakdown of the cans.
There is no ban on eating apricots for diabetics, but you should consult your doctor before use. This should not be an ordinary recipe, but preservation without sugar or with a special substitute.
As you can see, unusual nectar recipes can be made even at home. It can be apricots in chocolate or jam with gelatin. The calorie content of desserts will not be very high! All of the above recipes will help you to decorate your winter evenings with tasty and healthy sweetness, while spending minimal money, because apricot is a seasonal quick-perishing fruit, the preparation of which does not cause unnecessary trouble for housewives!