The only holiday of the Gentiles, which was successfully adopted by Christians, is Shrovetide. It ends with the ceremony of burning a scarecrow, symbolizing the cold winter. And a week before this, the housewives begin to bake pancakes using all kinds of fillings. And they always want to surprise their home using a recipe for making pancakes that everyone will like. For this, various varieties of flour are used, yeast is added to the dough, pancakes, both custard and lace, are baked. But there is one wonderful recipe that is suitable even for beginner cooks - delicious pancakes with soda.
How to extinguish soda
Often, housewives ask themselves why extinguish soda, and whether to do it at all. The answer of professional chefs in this case is categorical - it is not only necessary, but even necessary. Proper use of soda will give the pastry an airy porous texture, a large increase in volume. You can pay off soda:
- vinegar (not to be confused with essence!);
- lemon juice;
- fermented milk liquid products.
It is not worth increasing the proportions given in the recipe; excess soda can ruin the taste of baking. A small tip is not to extinguish the baking soda in a spoon above the container with the dough, there is a high risk of spilling vinegar or juice, which also does not improve the taste of the finished cake or cookies. It is best to use a small glass, this ensures that nothing extra gets into the dough.
Why baking soda
The first thing to understand for every novice cook is that only baking soda can be used when kneading the dough! During baking in the oven, in a skillet or in a slow cooker, carbon dioxide is released from it, which helps to loosen the dough.
It should not be forgotten that the correct repayment of soda plays an important role. Without this process, acid will be released into the dough during baking, which will significantly spoil the taste. Without soda, baking will certainly turn into a flat, unpleasant to the touch and pressed substance, which with a big stretch can be called a pie or a cookie.
The better to replace soda
The situation when the stomach requires a feast in the form of a ruddy delicacy, and at hand there is no necessary and important ingredient - soda, is familiar to everyone. Is it possible to replace it, and with what?
It turns out that instead of soda, you can use:
- mineral water with gas;
- dry yeast);
- alcoholic beverages (vodka, rum, cognac);
- beer (preferably light);
- baking powder (which includes the same soda).
Another option is ammonium carbonate, but in the absence of experience it is better to resort to this substance last, if there is no other way. It is worth considering that under the influence of temperature an unpleasant pungent odor is released, but it will quickly disappear.
"Perfect" thin pancakes in milk
The resulting pancakes are thin, with a border emitting a crunch that flips over perfectly in a pan.
We will need:
- wheat flour - 2 cups;
- milk - 4 glasses;
- eggs - 3 pcs;
- butter, melted - 4 large spoons;
- soda - half a spoon;
- citric acid and vanillin - on the edge of a knife blade;
- salt and sugar to taste.
- The specified amount of flour is poured into the container, diluted with a heated milk dose.
- Eggs, granulated sugar, butter are added, everything is salted, and the dough begins.
- It is necessary to take empty glasses, pouring a couple of tablespoons of water into them. Separately, we breed them in soda and lemon. Combining the contents, add sizzling soda to the dough.
- The pan needs to be very hot, grease the surface with oil.
- We start to bake thin pancakes, frying on both sides.
To the table they are recommended to serve warm, using various fillings.
Pancake with milk
- milk - 400 ml;
- flour - 250 gr;
- granulated sugar - 1.5 tablespoons;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs;
- lard (instead, it is allowed to use melted or vegetable oil) - 40 gr;
- soda - 0.5 tablespoons;
- salt to taste;
- vinegar for breeding soda.
- To prepare, carefully beat the eggs mixed with sugar. As soon as the mass becomes lighter - pour milk, salt, pour flour sifted with sieve.
- The mass is whipped with a mixer until a uniform consistency is formed.
- Add vinegar to the soda, pour into the dough.
- We heat the pan on the stove, grease the surface with bacon, start cooking, pouring the pancake mass into small portions, distributing evenly and frying until golden brown.
Pancakes cooked according to this recipe are served with a filling to taste, can be used as an independent dish.
Lean thin pancakes on the water
According to this recipe, you can cook six servings of delicious pancakes in thirty minutes.
- buckwheat and wheat flour - 200 g each;
- water - 0.5 liters;
- soda - half a spoon;
- citric acid and salt - a quarter of a spoon;
- vegetable oil for cooking.
- In heated water, we dilute salt, citric acid, pour flour with water (mix buckwheat and wheat).
- Put soda before baking and wait 10 minutes for the dough to "rise".
- Lubricate the heated pan and start cooking, frying each pancake until a golden hue is formed.
On eggs and sour cream with soda
A simple recipe for making dough quickly. The thickness of the pancakes depends on the consistency of the pancake mass. If there is a need to make pancakes even thinner, it is allowed to add water or warmed milk. It is very important to sift the flour and knead the liquid in small volumes until kneading, constantly stirring so that no lumps form.
- eggs - 2 pcs;
- sour cream, which is allowed to be replaced with any dairy product - half a glass;
- salt - half a spoon;
- granulated sugar - 4 tablespoons;
- milk - 2 glasses;
- flour - 1.5 cups;
- sunflower oil - 3 tablespoons;
- butter - 100 gr.
- Milk needs to be slightly heated.
- Sour cream mixes with eggs, stirs. The mass is salted, sugar and half a glass of milk are added to it.
- Sift the flour (at this moment put soda in it), pour in the egg-milk mass, stir to make a thick dough. Add the rest of the milk, add three tablespoons of butter, stir again.
Ready-made pancakes are served with different fillings.
Great recipe for kefir, soda and eggs
Many believe that kefir is used only for the preparation of magnificent pancakes. But it is not so. There is also a recipe for kefir pancakes with the addition of soda. It turns out to make them tasty and quite satisfying.
The required set of components:
- kefir - 1 liter;
- eggs - 3 pcs;
- soda and salt - one spoon each;
- vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons;
- flour - 0.3 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 spoon;
- butter (grease ready-made pancakes).
We remember the sequence of actions:
- We combine eggs, sugar, salt and kefir and mix thoroughly. The container with the mixture is placed on the tile and slightly warmed up.
- Now you need to add flour in small portions and stir using a mixer.
- It is necessary to extinguish soda in a glass of boiling water. The mixture is quickly poured into the dough and everything is mixed. Cooked pancake mass should be left alone for thirty minutes, so that it could "rest".
- We start to fry. If there is a feeling that the dough turned out to be liquid, it is allowed to add flour. Yes, and do not forget to pour a little vegetable oil into the pasty mass - this will make it possible to fry pancakes without lubricating the surface of the pan.
Lace pancakes with soda
Pancakes prepared according to this recipe are considered an excellent option for a good breakfast, and are suitable as a snack for lunch.
We will need:
- chicken eggs - 5 pcs;
- wheat flour - 2 cups;
- granulated sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- salt to taste;
- soda - 1 spoon (tea);
- milk - 1.5 liters;
- vegetable oil - 150 gr.
- Drive eggs into a container, add sugar, salt. Mix to get a homogeneous mass. This can be done with a regular plug.
- Quench soda with boiling water (not vinegar!), Pour into the egg mixture and shake with a mixer.
- Pass the necessary amount of flour through a sieve, add to the container in parts, stir so that no lumps form.
- Milk should be slightly warmed up and pour in small doses into a pasty mass, stirring thoroughly. For convenience, you can use an ordinary kettle. At the same time, it is believed that if liquid is added to a thick consistency, then lumps will definitely not appear. Focus on consistency somewhat thinner than ryazhenka. If at the same time there is a certain amount of milk left - adding it is no longer necessary, it is better to do it later, if necessary.
- Now it is the turn of oil, which should also be poured into the dough.
- For baking the first pancake, grease the frying pan, then this will not be required - the proportion of oil is present in the dough.
- Oiled pancakes spread in a stack. If they seem thick, add unused milk, stir and continue to fry.
According to this recipe, pancakes will be thin and lean, you can put any filling in them.
Pancake Recipe for Soda (video)
Early pancakes on soda (video)
Do not be afraid to experiment. It is allowed to replace milk with water - pancakes from this will not work worse, will remain the same thin and with holes. Use of the filling is at your discretion. Fans of sweets are recommended honey or jam, you can also not spoil the taste of salmon or caviar.