Beautiful annuals and perennial flowers for the flowerbed allow you to create attractive compositions and perform spectacular decoration of your home garden. The main condition for making harmonious compositions is the right choice of plants and herbs for the flower garden.
Flowers for flower beds: selection criteria and rules for composition
When planning flower beds, you need to remember which plants are best combined with each other and suitable for growing in urban and suburban conditions. PWhen composing compositions, it is recommended to focus on the following simple rules:
- it is undesirable to cover the entire site at once. It is advisable to divide the territory into several main zones, the arrangement of which is carried out gradually;
- Before drawing up a flower composition, it is necessary to determine not only the shape of the flower garden, but also its color scheme, and also take into account the timing of flowering and the height of the crops;
- when choosing plants, it must be remembered that the basis of any flower bed is always creeping or ground cover crops, which will give the flower garden a finished look, retain moisture and prevent the growth of weeds;
- A special accent of a flowerbed can be a decorative bush or several tall perennial plants planted together.
It is important to notethat the cultivation of annual crops every year will require a grower much more time and effort. The best perennials are distinguished by highly decorative appearance and unpretentiousness, so it is difficult to choose the most attractive and most resistant to adverse external factors plants.
The best flowers for flower beds
Beautiful and well-groomed flowers in the flowerbeds of the infield are the pride of any floriculture. In order for the flowering composition to please its appearance throughout the season, you need to choose the right plant varieties.
Undersized annuals for flower garden
Low-growing annuals, popular among domestic flower growers, can be represented by the following types and varieties:
- undersized purslane unpretentious, but capable of a continuous bright flowering carpet to cover the flower bed. This species can be grown in sunny and arid areas;
- having fluffy inflorescences ageratum can decorate the flower garden from early spring to the onset of frost, therefore it is widely used for edging compositions and borders;
- undersized varieties marigold differ in a variety of shades, and unpretentiousness in care makes this type popular and in demand;
- neat bushes gatzany able to bloom until the last autumn days, but need regular watering and periodic top dressing;
- unusual flowers calceolaria, similar to small shoes, bloom even in shaded areas and do not need special care;
- spectacular undersized alissums allow you to create airy and highly decorative borders from tiny and fragrant flowers;
- to decorate the alpine hill is best used brachycoma iberolisticwhich forms very delicate blue, blue, lilac, white or red flowers in the middle of summer;
- unpretentious looks great in temperate flower beds godetiaforming orange, salmon, red, pink and carmine flowers;
- low bushes Iberis annuals are abundantly and densely covered with a magnificent cap of flowers of various colors, therefore they look great on alpine hills with sandy, rocky and breathable soils;
- low lobelia completely covered with small blue or reddish flowers that retain their decorativeness until frost.
No less popular are undersized annuals like eschscholzia, snapdragons and petunia.
The height of medium-sized flowering plants throughout the summer can vary between 30-80 cm. Such flowers are planted in the second row and should be combined in shape and color:
- Maliola bicornblooming profusely throughout the summer period and featuring a very pleasant pronounced aroma;
- unpretentious cosmea with purple, pinkish or white flowers and highly decorative openwork leaves;
- perfectly combined with most decorative types elegant and festive dimorph library;
- white, pink, lilac, yellow, lilac and red flowers zinnias decorate flower beds to the very frosts;
- candle-shaped salvia very unpretentious, and in flower beds it can very well combine with many ornamental plants;
- autumn aster it becomes attractive after the flowering of many summers, therefore it is often used as an accompanying culture;
- different types and varieties black cohosh able to not only become a real decoration from mid-summer to mid-autumn, but also protection from adverse external factors;
- blooming attractive yellow flowers belly button used as a bright spot on the background of decorative ground cover plants;
- gorgeous center one of the first blossoms, but the flowering of this culture in the flowerbed is very short;
- primrose candelabrum able to amaze even sophisticated gardeners with a variety of colors and shades.
Also, as an accompanying medium-sized flowers, you can plant an evening primrose quadrangular, narrow-leaved lavender, as well as different varieties and types of gravilate.
Most popular tall plants
It is impossible to imagine a beautiful flowerbed without the correctly formed tall annuals of the central part:
- sweet pea grows up to two meters high and is sown directly in soil or grown seedlings. Can be used to decorate buildings, arbors or verandas;
- pompoms sunflower varieties thanks to the bright and original appearance, they can become a real decoration of any site;
- tall amaranth in the last decade of summer they bloom with attractive panicles-candles;
- unpretentious tall mallow has beautiful terry inflorescences and blooms throughout the summer;
- exotic, but rather unpretentious castor oil or a paradise tree has become popular due to large palm-like leaves;
- forming attractive, different coloring bells of datura or dope grass decorates flower beds before a cold snap;
- fast growing peonies they can land with almost any decorative culture and have a delicious aroma;
- for planting in the central part of the flower beds, as well as under trees or in mixborders, tall, undemanding care products are often used geraniums;
- diverse varieties and types of garden chamomile known to many flower growers and not only bloom for a long time, but also grow quite quickly;
- unpretentious in leaving and well tolerating relatively strong winter frosts delphinium represented by a variety of shades.
Also, the center of the flower bed can be any tall varieties of gladioli.
Beautiful flowers for the design of urban flower beds
In urban conditions, drought-resistant and maintenance-free plants are particularly popular, which are able to maintain their decorative appearance for a long time.
Orange shades are able to cheer up and revive any flower garden. The most popular species are represented by marigolds, lilies, forsia, rudebekia, evening primrose, cinquefoil, gelenium, snapdragons and daylilies.
Plants with red flowers
Red flowers are most often used as bright accents. in plain floral arrangements and can be represented by digitalis, carnations, roses, rhododendrons, phloxes and primrose.
Such shades soothe, bring peace and create a sense of peace. Blue phlox is very popular, as well as lavender, delphiniums, forget-me-nots, hydrangeas, irises and muscari.
Creeping and large-flowered
Phlox awl-shaped and widespread, dolphin, grass cloves, dushenya, wool stachis, creeping thyme, hoofed grass, periwinkle, creeping turpentine, sedum, purslane, goryanka and bryophilus are most often used as beautiful creeping cultures. Large-flowered decorative crops, represented by some types of chrysanthemums, capital letters and gaillardia of different types, look especially impressive on flower beds.
Rules for the preparation of multilevel flower arrangements
When choosing plants for planting on flower beds, not only staining and flowering periods should be taken into account, but also the height of the crops, which allows you to create spectacular multilevel flower arrangements:
- the tallest species are planted in the central part individually or as a group;
- when creating a one-sided flower garden, tall crops are planted as a background for other species;
- accompanying second-row crops should be planted before framing in the form of stunted and herbaceous plants.
The final design is carried out using ground cover species with creeping shoots. It is recommended to dilute very variegated multilevel flower beds with non-blooming decorative-deciduous and grassy crops.
How to form a flower bed from pilots (video)
Properly executed flower beds are an integral element in the design of not only city parks or squares, but also suburban personal territories. To independently make the most attractive floral arrangement, you need to adhere to a certain technology, as well as follow all the rules and take into account the optimal planting density.